08 January 2016

I just gotta be me...


When I first started Whimsy Bower (formerly Domicile), I envisioned it as a place to share all my domestic-type interests: decorating, crafts, gardening, cooking. Occasionally I posted about other things I liked that I thought readers might enjoy: cats, travel, books. But I have other interests, various and sundry, that don't necessary fit into the domestic-pet-sightseeing sort-of mold. Vampires, for example, and history, and general geekiness. So I decided to make more blogs: Geek Grrrl and Blood Lines, which you may have checked out at some point. But it turns out compartmentalizing your interests is less fun and more time consuming than letting them meld into one colossal bundle of goodness. Which is why I've decided to expand while streamlining. Yes, that's a thing.

Whimsy Bower will now encompass all my personal interests. One week you might find a post about my first attempt at making moussaka; the next it might be a rant about the ridiculously long periods of time between seasons of Sherlock (seriously--what the hell?) Blood Lines, my vampire blog, is now my work blog (did I mention I'm a writer? My novel will be coming to an e-reader near you...soon-ish...) with occasional general-interest stories about creatures of the night (sorry--no more reviews of shows and movies, although I do have to say that the series finale of True Blood was one of the worst I've ever seen). Geek Grrrl, unfortunately, is now officially retired (some of you may have noticed I haven't posted there since 2014). Not to fear--the blog is staying up and you can still look at past posts there. And I'll now be writing about geeky stuff here: rejoice!

So, to explain--no, wait, there's no time to explain--to sum up: Whimsy Bower = personal miscellany, Blood Lines = writing + vampires, and Geek Grrrl is no more. Now let's have fun storming the castle...

No comments: