17 August 2011

I Promised You a Rose Garden

A couple of posts ago (here) I lamented that I never got around to taking photos of the roses this year. Well it turns out my SO did! They're with his camera phone but I thought they were still pretty enough to share. This is my 'William Baffin' Canadian Explorer series rose:

 

You can see how the entire plant is bent over from the weight of the flowers (that's a bamboo support behind it, on the right-hand side of the photo. There's also a metal trellis that you can't see, which is being pulled forward). Next spring I'm cutting this guy way back (and getting sturdier supports).

 

Both photos were snapped at night, illuminated by the nearby security light.

Photos by AchillesRage 

[Edited to update link, and for formatting. Follow me on my official site: AspasiaSBissas.com]

1 comment: