21 October 2009

Spooky Castle

I love Halloween, baking, and a sense of whimsy, so when I accidentally came across this on the Sur la Table site, I had to share. 

If you're lucky enough to have a castle-shaped bundt cake pan (my pan sadly languishes on my disturbingly long wishlist), you're most of the way there. To make your castle spooktacular (yeah, I can't believe I just wrote that), Sur la Table offers these tips: 

1. For the dirt, sprinkle our Chocolate Ice Cream Sprinkles. 

2. Create window shutters with black licorice pieces. 

3. Place gumdrops on top of towers and use for a tombstone. 

4. Arrange sunflower seeds around door, windows and castle top. 

5. Pumpkins and bat can be formed with fondant. 

Of course, you don't need to use their products. You can also find all sorts of nifty Halloween themed candies and cake decorating supplies at bulk stores and craft stores. And if you decide you want the pan, you can find it here (and possibly elsewhere, as well--you might need to hunt a little): Nordic Ware Castle Bundt Pan (Needless to say, this isn't an endorsement for either NordicWare or Sur La Table--I just thought I'd share a cute idea.) 

Posted using ShareThis

[Edited for formatting and to update link. Follow me on my official site: AspasiaSBissas.com]

2 comments:

rebelhousewife said...

Very awesome. Hey Crate and Barrel still have a lot of Halloween decor if you were thinking of trying to find any.

Aspasia B said...

Good to know!